NATURAL TERPENE BLEND
To maintain calmness
30 mL oral liquid
Available as a one-time purchase or on a recurring subscription basis (enjoy a 5% Discount on all orders). Subscribe & Save for your convenience.
When selecting recurring purchases, products are automatically delivered on your schedule. No obligation and you can modify or cancel your subscription anytime. Learn More.
A blend of natural plant-based terpenes designed to interact with the body's endocannabinoid system. Used as a daily food supplement, Relax may help to maintain a healthy emotional state in dogs.
✔ Human grade
✔ 100% all natural
✔ Superior bioavailability
✔ Supports emotional wellness
Proudly Australian owned and made using 100% human-grade ingredients.
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
What are terpenes?
Terpenes are the largest and most diverse group of naturally occurring chemical compounds found in plants and play a major role in the medicinal benefits that many plants provide. The common plant sources of terpenes are cannabis, tea, thyme, Spanish sage, and citrus fruits (e.g., lemon, orange, mandarin). They contribute to the smell and flavour of plant-based foods. Perhaps one of the best known terpenes is curcumin, which provides anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anticancer, antimicrobial and digestive benefits, just to name a few.
Terpenes have a wellness effect by acting on the body’s own endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is widely distributed throughout the body including the brain and central nervous system. It consists of a complex network of cell receptors that work as chemical messengers, and which are suggested to play a major role in multiple different health conditions, including anxiety and other mood disorders.
Common wellness effects demonstrated by the addition of terpenes into the diet include improvements in physical aches and pains, decreased muscle tension, a more balanced mood, enhanced calmness, a more regulated appetite, sharper thinking, and improvements in restlessness, anxiety and sleep.
Relax contains a carefully formulated blend of terpenes in a vegetable oil base to deliver the desired result. A summary of the key actions of each active constituent is outlined below:
Myrcene: Sedative, muscle relaxant, pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant.
D-limonene: Sedative, muscle relaxant, stress-reducing, anti-anxiety, anti-depressant, antispasmodic, immune-stimulant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, gastroprotective, neuroprotective.
Linalool: Sedative, anti-anxiety, anti-depressant, mood-stabilising, pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anticonvulsant, antimicrobial, neuroprotective.
- Callaway, J.C. (2004). Hempseed as a nutritional resource: An overview. Euphytica, 140: p. 65-72.
- Nuutinen, T. (2018). Medicinal properties of terpenes found in cannabis sativa and humulus lupulus. Eur J Med Chem, 157: p. 198-228.
- Cox-Georgian, D., Ramadoss, N., Dona, C., et al., Therapeutic and medicinal uses of terpenes In: Medicinal plants. 2019. p. 333-359.
- Ferber, S.G., Namdar, D., Hen-Shoval, D., et al. (2020). The "entourage effect": Terpenes coupled with cannabinoids for the treatment of mood disorders and anxiety disorders. Curr Neuropharmacol, 18(2): p. 87-96.
- Hanuš, L.O. and Hod, Y. (2020). Terpenes/terpenoids in cannabis: Are they important? Medical Cannabis and Cannabinoids, 3(1): p. 25-60.
- Goncalves, E.C.D., Baldasso, G.M., Bicca, M.A., et al. (2020). Terpenoids, cannabimimetic ligands, beyond the cannabis plant. Molecules, 25(7).
All natural plant terpenes in a vegetable oil base.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE & STORAGE
Note: The dosing guidelines have recently changed.
As a general guide, provide 1 drop per 2 kg of body weight either given once per day or split across two meals.
Mix drops directly onto food just prior to serving.
Always start with a lower dose than recommended (literally, just start with 1-2 drops) and build up gradually to the full dose over a period of 1-2 weeks. This helps your dog get used to the taste, and some dogs may respond well to a lower dose (yay!)
Do not administer directly into the mouth
Each 30 mL bottle contains 600 drops
Expect to see wellness benefits in 2 to 4 weeks after regular use.